This student workbook is ideal for students, non-specialist teachers, NQTs any anyone who wants to learn more about the ethical, legal, cultural and environmental concerns with technology to gain confidence in the OCR GCSE (9-1) in Computer Science (J276) “1.8 Ethical, Legal, Cultural and Environmental concerns” specification. Can be used in the classroom as a teaching aid, for self-study or as a revision tool.
This 41-page PDF which covers the theory and includes ready-to-use tasks and even includes the answers.
Table of Contents:
- How to investigate and discuss Computer Science technologies
- Ethical issues
- Asking ethical questions
- Legal issues
- Cultural issues
- Environmental issues
- Privacy issues
- How key stakeholders are affected by technologies
- Environmental impact of Computer Science
- Manufacturing technology
- Transporting technology
- Using and charging the technology
- Disposing of technology
- Cloud computing
- Energy efficient
- Flexible working
- Cultural implications of Computer Science
- Healthcare apps
- Review culture
- Open source vs proprietary software
- Legislation relevant to Computer Science
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Computer Misuse Act 1990
- The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
- Creative Commons Licensing
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000
OCR Ethical, legal, cultural and environmental concerns
Digital resources purchased from Nichola Wilkin Ltd. are to be used in the original individual school which purchases the resources only.
Resources may not be shared, distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or borough websites, distributed via email, submitted to file sharing sites or shared with another school or institution, even those within the same academy chain.
For full terms and conditions visit https://www.nicholawilkin.com/terms